[Amps] Harbach Elec now selling Peter Dahl Xfmrs

W7RY w7ry at arrl.net
Sun May 4 15:57:45 EDT 2008

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rich Hallman - N7TR
  To: Rich Hallman - N7TR ; amps at contesting.com
  Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2008 12:18 PM
  Subject: Re: [Amps] Harbach Elec now selling Peter Dahl Xfmrs

  I just got a reply back from Jeff and he stated due to this specific
  transformer (Ten-Tec Titan 425) having 5 secondary's and multiple layer
  windings, the major price increase is in the cost of the copper wire and
  silicon steel used in the Hipersil cores.  Also....PWD price sheet was
  pretty flat since 2000. Jeff stated most of the other transformers are
  pretty close to the original PWD costs.

  ----The price of copper is at least 5 times what it was in 2000!

  I think it's great that the PWD line continues to be available, I just
  will wait to replace the ones in my Titan 425's when they actually fail.

  ----Agreed.

  If you have questions...email Jeff directly off the Harbach web site.
  He has been very responsive to all my questions.

  Thanks...
  Rich