[Amps] New Amps at Dayton

Dennis W0JX w0jx at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 09:42:10 EDT 2008

The only thing that I saw at Dayton worth noting is a change in the current Alpha 8100.

  The finals have been replaced with TWO 4CX1000A's instead of the 4CX800A7's and the amp has been relabeled either an Alpha 8200 0r 8400 (sorry I tossed the literature and can't remember the exact number).

  Anyway, this should be considered a warning to any amp owner who has an Alpha 91, 99 or 8100, QRO 2500, or ACOM 1000 and 2000A. Alpha said the supply of GU-74B's is drying up quickly and they made the switch to ensure availability.

  Incidentally, the 4CX1000A's used are NOT Eimac but made by Penta in China.

  73, Dennis W0JX/8