[Amps] Alpha 8410

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Wed May 21 09:35:02 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <sub1 at rogerhalstead.com>
To: "Amps" <amps at contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 2:32 AM
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 8410

> k7fm wrote:
>> I recall that in 1955, a new car was about $2,000and a new house about
>> $20,000.  The KWS-1 was $1995 and I think the Johnson Desk KW was $1500.
>>

> Actually, I purchased a brand new Bonneville convertible in late 61 (62
> model) for $3,600. Real leather interior along with all the bells and
> whistles.  Weighed nearly three tons.  (a tad shy of 6000#)

Hmm, in 1964 I bought a new 64 GTO convertible with the performance package
389, tripower, HD 4 speed and 4.10 posi rear for $2750. That car today would
bring around $75K at auction.

In 1970 I bought a new Chevelle LS-6 HT. The last auction sell price was
around $125K.

I dont seem to remember many ham amps appreciating accordingly unless it was
hand wired by Art Collins himself.

Just imagine all those overpriced Alphas in a few years when owners will be
lucky to get SB-220 prices for them.

Im also surprised that an enterprising individual hasnt set up a transformer
company in Mexico.

Carl
KM1H