[Amps] Future of higher power transmitting tubes..............

Randy.Randall at healthall.com Randy.Randall at healthall.com
Wed May 21 11:41:07 EDT 2008

>From some of the current threads running here it seems that Russian production is all but DOA and China is the last hope of new bottles.  How much longer should we expect new tubes to be available?  Is it time to put a couple (or more) back on the shelf?  How about newer technology like Harris is using on their broadcast transmitters?  I use 3-500Z and 572B's. Glass tubes do not like to sit unused due to gas leaking in.  Whats a ham to do?

Randy AB9GO

Randy E. Randall
Network Engineer
The Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati
Phone 513-585-7146
Fax 513-585-7159

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.