[Amps] Core wrapping?

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sun Nov 16 11:06:54 EST 2008

For the slight extra tape expense it pays to be conservative in your
approach.

Teflon still cold flows as it has done for decades. I just got thru with
an Alpha 76PA repair were the Teflon sleeved buss wire arced thru the
single tape wrap core. Not a pretty sight and it also took out two of
the 8874's.

Circulating voltages in some tank circuits can easily exceed 2-4X the
DC.

The replacement I built used silver plated Teflon insulated stranded
wire inside another Teflon sleeve and plenty of tape. There is a reason
the wire manufacturers use silver plated wire with Teflon.

Carl
KM1H