[Amps] 3 phase transformers on single phase - advice pls?

Keith E. Spainhour KSpainhour at wilkes.net
Mon Nov 17 21:08:54 EST 2008

Hello,
This question could not have come at a better time. I am currently trying to
do the same thing with a plasma cutter I purchased this weekend. It turns
out the unit I thought was 220v single phase was actually 460v 3 phase. The
transformers are the same 3 bobbin type. I found this page that explains
some of it, but I am still trying to find the best way to run these
transformers from 220v single phase.

http://www.basler.com/downloads/3phXfmrs.pdf

Take Care,
Keith Spainhour, KT4XW