[Amps] success crowbarring PS

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Fri Sep 19 13:28:25 EDT 2008

Jim
Sounds like a successful Crowbar test. I like those. Silent, all that current dumps, and the transmitter survives. When the crowbar DOESN'T trigger fast enough, then all H--- breaks loose. Thats when you vaporize wires and melt grids.

#29 and 30 AWG magnet wire are still a standardized test method for high power crowbar protection for tubes.

I didn't know you were in Roswell (KBIM), the UFO capital.

73
John
K5PRO