[Amps] Hallicrafters HT-33A

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 21 11:18:41 EDT 2008

Within the past week I have acquired a Hallicrafters HT-33A and am in the process of restoring it.  The amplifier is missing the bottom plate.  Now fabricating a new plate is no problem, but I would like to see how the "real" plate "looks".  Can anyone who has either an HT-33A or HT-33B take a digital photo of their amplifier and E-Mail it to me?

This particular HT-33A has the factory "sticker" which states that it is an HT-33A.  However, the circuitry in the amplifier is definitely HT-33B.  That is it has the 6 0A2 screen regulator tubes instead of the 4 as in the HT-33A.  This is a "factory job" and has not been added in the field.

I have a PL-172 on its way.  But, I would rather use an 8295A.  Unfortunately, being on a fixed income I cannot justify the cash outlay to purchase one.  However, I do have all sorts of things to trade and if anyone has an 8295A and wants to trade please let me know.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com