[Amps] hv smps

Paul Decker kg7hf at comcast.net
Wed Apr 1 15:39:15 PDT 2009

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the kind offer, I've already got that part of the supply.   The original article calls out for a 5100uF/400V cap, so one would need 10 pairs to get to 5000uF, which is not too much more than what I spent (I think I paid $10 each, but had to buy 4).   I don't know the physical size, the two 3600uf/400V caps I have are fairly big, about the size of a soda can each.

Paul

From: "Alex" alexeban at gmail.com

You can find computer capacitors of 1000uF/200V at about$2 per copy 2 in
series,as used in PC supplies mace for 500uF/400VDC caps. How many pairs do
you need?
Alex        4Z5KS