[Amps] re sb-201 parasitic mod and retune

david sutton sootydave at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 4 15:33:40 PDT 2009

 Hi group.
simple question. i'm currently rebuilding my SB-201 amp. can i use
the parasitic choke mod that's used on the SB220 series?
i'm assuming that i can but wanted some input on this before making the mod.
another point, i have rebuilt this SB-201 from scratch it was converted to
11 meter band before i got it.
i have had to re wind the 20 meter and 15 meter tuning coils,
i'm now in the process of trying to re-align these coils, how ever the swr
is real high. i'm using my mfj 259b analyzer as the exciter, a cantenna at the
output. for safety reasons i have no power supply to the amp. im closing the
tx relay with a piece of card, if the amp is in rx the swr is 1:1.5 same as the
cantenna.
if i tune the analyzer out of band i can get a perfect swr and good 50 ohm
match.
any input on this would be appreciated.
73's
Dave KG4UXR

Brits with a southern call? how strange, only when you hear the accent.
see kg4uxr on :-
www.qrz.com/callsign/kg4uxr