[Amps] still working on SB-201

david sutton sootydave at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 07:07:27 PDT 2009

hi group,
i have a SB201 that was modified to 11 meters. i have rebuilt the amp from scratch all new components. the tuned circuit had been butchered so the 20 and 15 meter coils need to be re-wound. does any one have any idea how many turns each coil requires. the 20 meter coil needs rewinding due to having been smoked this has 9 turns on the former, i think this is the right amount. the 15 meter former has 3 turns +padding (removed), this I'm thinking is way off.and would be correct for the 11 meter band. if any one has a SB201 they are willing to open up and count these windings for me i would be most pleased.
also i need to know what the driving impedance of the 572b tubes are, so as i can re-tune the coils
 73's
Dave

Brits with a southern call? how strange, only when you hear the accent.
see kg4uxr on :-
www.qrz.com/callsign/kg4uxr