[Amps] High SWR

Jeff Carter amps at hidden-valley.com
Wed Apr 22 13:52:57 PDT 2009

No, it's nothing special at all.  I've got a 60-65' oak tree in the
yard, and I used a fishing rod to "access" the top of the tree for
purposes of installing this inverted V.

Even that is being sort of charitable, because it's threaded through
branches and isn't really straight anywhere.  I guess it might be more
correct to say it looks like an Inverted V On Crack.

I cut it for 3.8 because that's where I mostly find people to talk to.
 If I decide to work PSK31 on 3.580 I turn the amp off because I think
this antenna is something like 3 or 4 to one at that point, plus the
amp isn't needed for that.  I usually run the rig down to about 40 or
50 watts, in fact.

Jeff/KD4RBG