[Amps] High SWR

Jeff Carter amps at hidden-valley.com
Wed Apr 22 14:21:21 PDT 2009

I have had others tell me I can get away with it, too.  At the center
of the issue, the problem isn't engineering, it's cowardice.

See, I built this amp from the metal up, and it's probably the coolest
ham-related thing I ever built.  I regularly build things for work,
and I can even do surface mount component work if I have to do so, but
this old SB-220 is special to me.

If the cost of keeping well within the lines of operation is missed
contacts, then I guess I'm just going to miss them.  I don't really
care about talking to anybody anyway, but I do care about this
amplifier.

It's probably a little bit psychotic, but I was really, really proud
of this thing when I got it finished, and unless the coming Global
Depression forces me to sell it for food money, I'll still have it
when I die.

Then my kids can sell it for $5 on eBay, not understanding that their
Dad built it by hand, piece-by-piece, or even understanding for sure
what it is.

Jeff/KD4RBG