[Amps] Alpha 76PA Plate Current

Jim W7RY w7ry at arrl.net
Sat Aug 1 09:50:11 PDT 2009

Here is what I have found on the Alpha 76PA metering.

The 5.1 volt zener was bad so the tubes had no bias. After replacing the
diode, I put my Fluke meter in series with the plate supply to the tubes.
The idling current is 130 mA. The meter reads slightly high... about 190mA.
At 900mA shown on the fluke, the meter on the front panel reads about 930mA.

Bottom line is the metering circuit is working correctly... Have not decided
if I want to put in the resistor to double the meter reading or not.

Thanks for all the suggestions and input.
73
Jim W7RY

Thanks for all the suggestions.