[Amps] Subject: grounding grids

Herzog herzog at frontiernet.net
Sun Aug 2 17:15:14 PDT 2009

Since I subscribe to the general story that the grounding strap and
internal connection to the tube acts as an inductor, the impedance is =
to a constant times the inductance times the frequency; which is a ratio
of about 30 to 3 MHz, or a ten to one ratio. I know that it would
actually act as a complex transmission line, but engineers like to
simplify life.  Old slide rule mentality, etc.  K2LB Wil
==============================
RE:  What makes you think that the impedance between the grid and
common changes by a factor of 10:1 between 3.5 and 29.7 MHz?
73
Gary K4FMX
That is a red herring.  Because the frequency ratio is about 10 to one
is the answer.
     This begs the question as to whether the impedance is enough to care
about, and cap or inductive,  or a series resonance.  Such wonderful
considerations are why we can discuss this matter after over 50 years.
Wil