[Amps] Subject: grounding grids

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Sun Aug 2 19:00:47 PDT 2009

No red herring here. Joe made the statement that "the impedance between grid
and common changes by a factor of 10:1 between 3.5 and 29.7 MHz".

I am asking why he thought that, because we are talking about the Drake L4
amplifier with the grid chokes and grid bypass capacitors which are reported
to be there to provide an amount of negative feedback, over that frequency
range.
If only the bypass capacitors impedance is considered then that may be true.
BUT, there is also a choke between the grids and ground which will modify
any constant change in impedance.

73
Gary  K4FMX