[Amps] 240V Outlet

jimsmitheguard-a at yahoo.com jimsmitheguard-a at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 11 23:12:17 PDT 2009

How would you know my view when I haven’t expressed it? I’ve only relayed code requirements. Our views are irrelevant. There are many different ways to perform a load calculation per the NEC, but using your feeling isn’t one of them. They are all well defined methods. You must use the full nameplate rating regardless of your opinion of how much it will ever draw.

You claim to know the limitation of my imagination regarding real world loads? Recording actual loads, analyzing graphs and numerical data, issuing reports, and making recommendation based on the real world data is a big part of my work. I am acutely aware of actual loads versus calculated loads in a wide variety of applications. How many load recordings have you evaluated?

Jim Smith, EE
KQ6UV