[Amps] RF parts and parasitics!!

Alex Eban alexeban at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 05:42:33 PDT 2009

Gentlemen:
	Please keep in mind that, by definition, a choke has a reactance at
least 10 times of the other relevant impedances in a circuit. If it comes
close to them in magnitude it is no longer a choke!
	The input impedance of a grounded grid is established by the anode
current, not the grid current! It does change: that is the reason a tank
circuit is recommended at the cathode. It changes according to the
instantaneous voltage at the cathode during the RF cycle and also according
to the idling current of the tube. It is relatively constant once the
current and the drive are set.
	One more thing: power from the exciter IS absorbed in part by the
tube and transferred to the output as additive power to the power generated
by the tube. That means the tube is presenting a resistive load to the
source.
Alex	4Z5KS