[Amps] Advice

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Wed Dec 2 18:17:33 PST 2009

To the obsessive I agree and I fit that description on 160M and VHF and up.
However many dont get that involved and run 1" hardline, buy a hilltop,
erect big towers and antennas, etc, etc (-;

The 3-500 is rated to 110 mHz at full power and is a fine, efficient, 6M
tube. The 572B is actually rated to 54 or 60 "mc" in some old descriptions.
Ive yet to have a problem getting 40M performance on 6 with them.

Ive converted several 2 and 3 hole Alphas, its the tube cost that scares off
many, a 2 holer isnt any more output than a SB-220 if you want long life.

Id rather use a 2 3CX800 or a single 8877 and dont push it to 2500W unless
you are a nitwit with lots of money.

Carl
KM1H