[Amps] Sigma XR-3000D

Bill Gaines AD8P ad8p at wcoil.com
Fri Dec 4 08:34:55 PST 2009

I have an old Sigma XR3000D I have had since they came out 25 years ago or more. It ran a pair of 3-500 tubes and operated from 160 thru 10 meters. Other than a beefy power supply and solid band switches it was pretty much otherwise an amp that would constantly require TLC. It has been sitting on my shelf since I bought a Ten Tec Centurion to replace it. Due to heat (under rated cooling fan) the main tank coil broke/cracked. Anyone out there in cyberspace have one of these jewels and parting it out? I suppose a coil covering 160 thru 15 meters might work just so it is physically the same size or close.

Bill AD8P
mycall at wcoil dot com