[Amps] GI-7B

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Sat Dec 5 21:11:25 PST 2009

I don't think that is so.
True that a tube can make more power with higher voltage because it has more
room for plate voltage swing before cutoff.

But how cool a tube runs has nothing to do with IR drop in the tube.  How
cool it runs depends upon how much power is dissipated in the plate. That is
determined by the power input verses efficiency.
Some tubes may be more efficient at certain plate voltages but that is not
normally at lower voltages.

73
Gary  K4FMX