[Amps] GI-7B

MIKE DURKIN patriot121 at msn.com
Sun Dec 6 07:02:53 PST 2009

Ok, the reason this came to me as a question is that i was thinking of replacing my 3-500Z's (one is arcing over - and had destroyed bias circuitry - which im almost done repairing) with a pair or 3 GI-7B's because the filament -with out the dropping resistor installed is what the Gi-7b calls for and im fairly sure that the bias voltage range will be suitable - But the plate voltage i have is in the range of 3600V - 3800V (not measured but im running a transformer meant for 50Hz at 200V on 60Hz at 240V - so i have higher plate voltage)

Or sell the one GI-7b i have and get a pair of 3-500ZG's from RF parts ..... its some what a cost issue....

Mike
KC7NOA