[Amps] water conductivity and hose length

Dennis OConnor ad4hk2004 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 22 07:25:48 PST 2009

On the 100kw amps I used to maintain, with 15kv DC on the plate,  we used 35 feet of 1" dia. non carbon (red) rubber hose...  30 gallon stainless steel cooling tank and pump with a freon cooling loop... Initially distilled water was used but the bean counters got restless because the row of a dozen fire breathing dragons was thirsty, and we switched to city water and used an activated carbon filter followed by a 5 micron particulate filter when filling the tank and then re-filtering it weekly...

denny / k8do