[Amps] 160m mod to SB220

chas chasm at texas.net
Tue Feb 17 00:31:51 PST 2009

Given:  SB-220 240VAC, fully modded with Harbach and Measures addons.
STILL trying to get outside the ham bands for MARS...

What I would really like is to have a 6 tap bandswitch
set for

2.2mhz
3.2mhz
4.0mhz
5.0mhz
7.2mhz and
14.0mhz

actually, I would not mind adding a couple more but that will do.

however, while Harbach has the bandswitch wafer, I do not know what it
would take to set the taps to these freqs - IF it could even be done.
I am sure that I will have to add another plate coil for 160m.

so, assuming the above to be a formidable task...
I wonder how difficult it would be to add a 160m position to the
present bandswitch wafer or to add the Harbach SW-100 --

> SW-100 Replacement Band Switch Wafer for Heathkit SB-200 & SB-220
>
> The SW-100 is an exact replacement ceramic tank circuit band switch
> wafer for Heathkit SB-200 & SB-220 series amplifiers. This wafer
> also has extra contacts for those wanting to add additional band
> coverage. These wafers should also work in other amplifiers, such
> as the Heathkit HL-2200, Dentron Clipperton L, MLA-2500, Ameritron
> AL-80B, etc.

Also, I have RMeasure's mss on adding the 160m to the SB-220
http://www.somis.org/add-160m.html
while there is someone selling a two page document with parts list on
ebay for $10.00 .
http://cgi.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360125145991

which is the better way?
has anyone done this?