[Amps] 160m mod to SB220

kg7hf at comcast.net kg7hf at comcast.net
Tue Feb 17 17:30:01 PST 2009

>oh yes!  in fact virtually 100% of the freqs are outside the ham bands
>and  probably 50% are outside the capes of the 220 which are set for
>the ham bands.

I don't think there are any mars frequencies that fall inside the amateur frequencies.

What happens when you try to tune up the SB-220 on one of the mars frequencies?

I would think you can easily tune the SB-220 to say 3.501Mhz, using the "factory" tune up settings and procedure into a dummy load.   Once it is in tune, start moving down in frequency a little at a teme, retuning the amp as you go.   You'll have to "play" with the dial settings because they are not going to match the normal values.

Paul, kg7hf

Message: 2