[Amps] equipment faceplates-stencil etc

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 12:03:50 PST 2009

I have made overlays using an inkjet printer and transparencies that are used for overhead projectors.  You can get blank overhead transparencies at most office supply centers although I have found that there are those available from Fry's that are considerably cheaper than from office supply stores.

Go to

http://k9sth.com/uploads/restoration.JPG

and then scroll down to the Gonset Communicator I for an example of using an overlay.  The only thing is that most inkjet printers cannot print white.

You can invert the printing (using most graphics programs) and print the information so that it is protected by the plastic of the transparency when placed on the equipment.  Or, if you print directly you can spray clear Krylon to protect the printing.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com