[Amps] turns = henries question

Radio WC6W wc6w_amps at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 15:41:52 PST 2009

Hi Gary,

The coil as you've described should be about 80 uH.

A 3" winding, other dimensions remaining constant, will provide 60 uH.

Calculations performed on an American Hydromath Calculaide Frequency Computer (circular slide format), 1955 vintage.

FYI: At 45 TPI, the wire is likely #24 enameled.

73 & Good afternoon,
   Marv WC6W

http://wc6w.50webs.com/