[Amps] Riley's Replacement

DAVE WHITE mausoptik at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 31 09:52:42 EST 2009

Just make up an FOC number and bogus reports, and give them to the contesters - ridicule them at their own elitist game.  After all, what did Groucho Marx say about clubs?

A few years ago, a friend of mine operated mobile from a motorway roundabout (rotary) island - i.e. the grass bit in the middle.  It's know locally in Liverpool as the Motorway Switch or Switch Island.........so he made up an IOTA number and told everyone he was G0***/M on EUxxx Switch Island.  A huge pileup ensued.  And it came to pass that there were sour faces, much wailing and gnashing of teeth and an acute sense of humour failure amongst the Pompous Ones at the RSGB.....

OK, thread closed from me, but I thought the story always makes me laugh anyway :-)

cheers

Dave G0OIL