[Amps] monitoring tube seal temps

Larry n1miw at cox.net
Sun Jul 5 06:26:01 PDT 2009

 I've been following the RTTY vs. tube seal temp thread with interest. It
was mentioned that you can use the crayon to monitor the seals, but those
are one-time use. What about a circuit such as the one used in the hand-held
temperature guns (IR, I believe?). Are there available components out there
where we could make our own small-scale circuit to monitor the tube temps?
Personally, I've only seen electronic temp sensors which work up to around
150 deg C. What do you think?  Larry N1MIW