[Amps] spray painting metal

Charles Harpole k4vud at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 30 21:05:59 PDT 2009

My dad, the furniture man, taught me how to
spray paint with a pro gun or just with a spray can.
The tricks include
1.  run the spray on and sweep past the end of the
material (the rig case) so that u r spraying full
blast out into the air at the end of each pass.
If u stop spraying just at the end of the material,
which one would normally think is ok, you will
instead create a build-up mess on the outer edges.
2.  Begin the next spray pass by starting spraying
prior to the paint actually touching the material.  Then
make your sweep.
3.  Make your spraying motions absolutely at the
same (and correct) speed, variations will create
shallow or built-up spots.  The correct speed is
almost obvious after one try, on something else.
4.  before u turn the case and go on to the other
sides, allow the first surface painted to dry.  First
timers using spray paint just can not avoid piling
up new paint over the painted and that is ok if
dry, but a mess if still wet.
from Hank Harpole, dad, sk.....

Charles Harpole
k4vud at hotmail.com