[Amps] Question about large solid-state HV rectifier - ratings plus any value????

Robert Groh rgroh at swbell.net
Mon Jun 8 11:15:59 PDT 2009

Finally tearing down the old homebrew KW amplifiers I bought a good many years ago.  This has lead to a few '..what the heck is that... and '...maybe I should just pitch that ....' type of questions.  This is the first of a few which I would like to post to the list for their knowledge and expertise.

The PS (setup for about 6 KV or so) used a bridge rectifier arrangement.  The each rectifier element is a black, cast cylindrical rod about 9" long and about 1-1/8" in diameter. Electrical connections at each end: a screw at the anode end and a stud at the cathode end.  The manufacturer uses a lower case t followed by an s (i.e. ts) and the only part number is 'TM1-10H-X165' followed by 'F6'.

This is obviously a early (i.e. 1970s or 1980s) packaged HV, silicon diode (most likely), rectifier diode.

I would like to:
#1   Know what ratings it might have
#2   Know if they (I have the four) have any value to anyone.  Otherwise they are subject to being pitched.

Thanks for your time!

73
Bob, WA2CKY