[Amps] Question: Ship Vacuum Variables at minimum or maximum?

Robert Groh rgroh at swbell.net
Wed Jun 10 07:59:23 PDT 2009

Getting set to sell off some vacuum variables and I have a question: when I ship them, should I set them at minimum capacity setting or at maximum capacity?

I would think the answer is to ship with the capacitor set at it's minimum capacity - the 'rotor' would be retracted the most and the 'mechanical lever arm' (i.e. the length of the unsupported mass of the 'rotor') would, therefore, be at it's minimum.

Comments and advice welcome. The vacuum variables are Jennings UCS and UCSL, by the way, if that matters.

Thanks.

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY