[Amps] caps across rectifier diodes

Alex Eban alexeban at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 01:00:44 PST 2009

...capacitors are still needed. They were put there to reduce rectifier
hash- noise generated in the diodes by the reverse leakage current- ant that
is still there, even though reduced in modern diodes. That may impede
reception, especially with QSK.
Resistors are less needed to equalize the voltage distribution across the
diodes in one string, but they will definitely do no harm if installed
Soooo, the bottom line is: they can do no wrong! Install them if you wish.
Apart from money and space there's no harm in them!
Alex	4Z5KS