[Amps] 813 screen

jonathan white jonathan.white20 at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 8 19:09:12 PDT 2009

Hi
I hope you non`t think this trivial but.....
Can anyone confirm one way or the other the placing of the internal
screening plate at bottom of tube near base which is connected to a
pin,and is grounded I believe
If the 813 is like the QQVO6-40a tube which had a similar internal plate
this had to be placed at deck height or instability was a problem.
I have decided to do something different and build a 3 band amp using
4x813 for 160,80,40..
Yes I know these are old tubes but they just look dam classy if you know
what i mean!.
Just getting ready for the flack!
                            Jon G8CCL