[Amps] TL922 Power Plugs

jimsmitheguard-a at yahoo.com jimsmitheguard-a at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 19:07:08 PST 2009

Al,
There is no need for a neutral in this case, however you should be concerned about using the proper cord, plug, and receptacle. Each NEMA configuration has unique electrical characteristics associated with it such as voltage, amperage, number of hot conductors, number of neutral conductors, and whether or not it has a ground terminal.

Standards allow us to take an appliance with a given cord cap, and rest assured that the receptacle and circuit we plug into is wired appropriately for our needs while providing the correct protection for personnel and equipment.

Jim Smith, EE
KQ6UV