[Amps] PSU design question

pc5m, Carel pc5m at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 6 11:04:38 PST 2009

Ulf,

If you use a small valued resistor for the sake of measuring grid current in
a triode grounded grid configuration and as such make sure the voltage drop
over that resistor is smaller as 0.5V under normal operation, you can put
some really BIG diodes parallel to that. Those diodes will make sure that
you NEVER get a floating B-  with respect to chassis ground. Keeping the
voltage drop low is key, otherwise your grid meter is reading
incorrect....and of course floating B- is very lethal :-)

Gl, Carel.