[Amps] Repeats

Roger sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Fri Nov 6 11:56:28 PST 2009

K1SG at aol.com wrote:
> Why is it necessary, when adding to a thread, to include the thread's
> entire history, or worse, the entire day's digest?  It seems that most of  the
> posts I've seen recently are a line or two of new information, coupled with
> hundreds of lines of repeats. Words are often pushed to the next line
> because of  the profusion of >>>>>>  next to them!
> I must have gotten out of bed grouchy today.  Sorry about the  attitude.

Don't be sorry.
Many reflectors add a note to all digest posts telling the poster to use
a meaningful subject and not post the digest.
Here, the filters at the ISP remove most "digest posts", but if a digest
post makes it past the filters it just gets flushed without reading.
Lack of trimming seems to be endemic. It's nice to have enough to know
where the post falls in the thread and what part is being addressed.
Clipping everything is often as bad as leaving everything<:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)