[Amps] Repeats

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 6 17:54:32 PST 2009

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 14:23:47 EST, K1SG at aol.com wrote:

>Why is it necessary, when adding to a thread, to include the thread's
>entire history, or worse, the entire day's digest?

REPLY:

A better email program would help. Ideally, you should be able to highlight a
sentence or two in the original post, hit the reply button and have only the
highlighted portion copied to the new reply post. That is what I did in this
post.

Few email programs can do this. One of the most notorious offenders is Outlook
Express, probably the most common email program. Editing a reply in OE is a
pain, no doubt why most authors simply don't do it.

 I use Agent by Forte, one of the ones which does it right. Users should demand
this capability from any email program.

73, Bill W6WRT