[Amps] Stripline design

Roger sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Sun Nov 15 19:04:06 PST 2009

I'm looking at building a 2-meter amp using a stripline with a pair of
3-CX800's or 4CX-800's, but I've not found any real data on the design
(dimensions) of the actual strip line.  Another possibility is building
the 6 'n 2 amp in the ARRL classic amp design handbook. I also have a
Henry 2002A using a single 3CX-800 with a strip line.

Unlike using the tube characteristics and designing a standard Pi or
Pi-L network for a given Q, I've found no information on strip lines in
any of the hand books.  Yes, there were a couple of amps using one and
the dimensions were given, but if the design information was there I
missed it.

The only thing I found on the net were the download sites that appear
free until you give them your information and then they want you to
pay.  I'd probably sign up if they told me the charges up front.

73

Roger (K8RI)