[Amps] Stripline design

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Thu Nov 19 18:18:47 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger" <sub1 at rogerhalstead.com>
To: "'AMPS'" <amps at contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Amps] Stripline design

> Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
>> Carl wrote:
>>
>>> Or find someone with Microwave Office and plug in the numbers at let it
>>> do
>>> the math. Ive used that program for everything from VHF to millimeter
>>> wave
>>> before retiring.
>>>
>>> Having AutoCad to assist with the dimensional stuff is a big plus.
>>>
> Some of the early versions of AutoCad bout drove me nuts as they had one
> or two modified DLLs instead of creating their own, OR they had a
> screwed up compiler like one I had that confused the DLL dates.

Very true Roger! I suffered thru the early versions as well. The 2000
version was the first I really liked and it kept getting better.

>>> Carl
>>> KM1H
>>>

>> I think the original poster wanted an understanding of stripline design -
>> something you do not get by plugging in dimensions into expensive
>> closed-source
>> 'black-box' software.
> Correct, but I'll settle for both<:-))

Good thinking. I understand the theory well enough and can handle the math
but having a PC package do it for me is so much better if I wanted a working
model before my senile years. My direct boss was an impatient and
tempermental PhD who always wanted it yesterday.

Carl
KM1H