[Amps] trying to understand 1296 cavity amp

jmltinc at aol.com jmltinc at aol.com
Fri Nov 20 15:29:12 PST 2009

Different, isn't it? There is no physical connection between the plate and the cavity.

My Elmer, a microwaver and builder extraordinaire, once called it "Black Magic". Not satisfied with that, I scoured a half of a dozen books for the answer. Found several articles on how to build them, but nothing regarding the "Black Magic" part.

My guess the tube is capacitively coupled to the cavity. Perhaps someone can confirm or debunk that.

If not, I have a friend at Fermilab that can tell me as that is his gig.

-J