[Amps] lcr meter

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 1 07:43:20 PDT 2010

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 06:56:18 -0700, "Jim Thomson" <Jim.thom at telus.net>
wrote:

>## exactly what it sez... the mfj 259 is a glorified swr meter.  Don't even
>think abt using it to set taps on a tank coil,

REPLY:

I have to disagree on not using it to set taps on a tank coil. When
connected in reverse, i.e. connecting it to the output of a pi-net,
with a non-inductive resistor of the appropriate value from plate to
ground, it does an excellent job of helping you find the right tap.

For all the other purposes that MJF claims (grid-dipper, etc, etc) I
agree it's junk.

73, Bill W6WRT