[Amps] Powering up after several years

Randy hamradio at oz.net
Thu Apr 1 07:58:48 PDT 2010

I have a Henry 3K Premier console model (160-10, 3CX1200A, Oil-filled cap,
tuned choke) which has not been operated for about 5 years.  It was in good
working order when it was last shut down.

Are there are any precautions I should take when first powering it up after
all this time?  I could just plug it in and turn it on (it has a step-start
feature) but was wondering if I should try bringing up the voltage
gradually.  I know this procedure is recommended for power supplies with a
lot of electrolytic caps but that it is not usually required for oil.  So,
maybe I should just go for it?

Recommendations?

Randy, W7HR
Port Orchard, WA