[Amps] Changing the subject line unnecessarily

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Sat Apr 3 00:58:53 PDT 2010

Carl wrote:
> Most of us have no problem making on the fly mental adjustments especially
> if the new subject line better explains the subject.

Which is rarely the case. For example, the question about "Powering up after
several years" was changed to "Powering up 3K". While the original poster had a
Henry 3K Premier, the fact remains that the content was just as relevant to many
  items of ham kit, not just a Henry 3K Premier, so I fail to see how changing
the subject line improved matters.

> PhD's OTOH........ We all have our favorite stories about them (-;
>
> Carl
> KM1H

Perhaps you can explain how these three Subject headers explain the subject
better, since this particular PhD can't work out why.

* LCR meter
* LCR mteter
* lcr meter

Since posting this, we have another two subject headers:

* More LCR meters  and measurements.
* More LCR mters  and meaurements.

And just to make it even harder to follow, some people are using

## someone else wrote ...

to indicate what they are resonding to. Why the hell they don't set their email
client to use the less than sign (<) like almost everyone else, I do not know.

Dave