[Amps] contact bounce

Dieter Horst dieter.horst at arcormail.de
Sun Apr 4 16:15:46 PDT 2010

Hello Larry,

nearly 2 years ago, I did some measurements on Siemens VR311 (aka Jennings RJ1A)
vacuum relays. Reason was exactly what you describe, to slow down the input
relay of a PA.

It turned out that the ON delay was

2.5 ms @ 24 V
3.3 ms @ 18 V

and OFF delay was

4.5 ms @ 24 V
3.7 ms @ 18 V

I would assume that with your RJ6B you can expect similar results. Just find
someone with a digital scope and have your relay measured at different voltages.
After that choose a resistor for your input relay and your problem should
be gone forever.

I have (a german) report about my measurements which a can send directly
to you and others if interested.

73

Dieter DL5RDO