[Amps] pi-net spreadsheet question

Vic K2VCO vic at rakefet.com
Mon Apr 5 23:03:33 PDT 2010

I'm using the GM3SEK pi-net design spreadsheet <http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek/>. It
requires that you enter the inductance and resistance used in the parasitic suppressor.
What I'm wondering is how to do this for two tubes in parallel, where there are two
suppressors.

Do you enter the value of one coil and resistor, or do you treat it as though these
components are in parallel?

This makes a big difference at 28 and 21 MHz.

I am finding this exercise very interesting, playing with the value of "lead inductance".
I'm trying to add a small "l network" before the main pi network which will cancel out
some of the large amount of output capacity of a pair of 813's so they will be reasonably
efficient on 10 and 15 meters. The parasitic suppressors become part of this, too.

--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA