[Amps] Hmmmm...Legal limit boiled the oil in the cantena

donroden at hiwaay.net donroden at hiwaay.net
Tue Apr 6 20:48:32 PDT 2010

All I can tell ya was that I had a couple of 3 1/8 inch coax Bird
In-Line sections with 50KW elements and they were asking if I had
anything bigger.

The area behind the second seat was all "open construction" with a 2
inch diameter antenna sticking out of the roof and looked to be
capacitivly coupled to the anode of the 4CX15,000 without the benefit
of any matching network.

maybe a half wave vertical  ( ?? )

The guy said he had just been on a contest held in Atlanta at a
Mariott near Hartsfield International, and someone from the airport
"ran them all off", threatning to call the FCC.

Some of the cars have remote keying and the "operator" can get fifty
or sixty feet away before turning on the juice.

They say it's impressive on a humid night.

Don WA4NPL