[Amps] SB220 SICK...RELAY

JayKay pcb4u at verizon.net
Wed Apr 7 14:26:37 PDT 2010

Thanks to all for your inputs. I am going to try cleaning the relay contacts and watch alignment, etc.

If I can't get it going (contacts beyond repair), I would like to replace the relay but a quick Google shows the KA-3702 relay by PB doesn't exist.

My thinking is to grab the 120VDC present in the rig and regulate it down to 5VDC or 12VDC (once I know the resistance of the coil) and then get a 10 amp 3PDT relay. It will also make it easier to interface with newer rigs that don't like 120V switched to ground through their internal relays.

I could use a series resistor (with the R of the coil) to step it down but I don't want to hot switch 120V (at T = 0) to any external relays

1) Anyone have the KA-3702 relay or a source?

2) Additional comments?

3) Relay recommendations?

Thanks

Jay