[Amps] CB amp directly coupled via cap to antenna

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Thu Apr 8 05:29:25 PDT 2010

We all know there HAS to be some kind of matching to get significant power
transfer. It could be this simple:

The rf choke could be sized to provide the needed inductance for an L
match. The series coupling C can be sized to transform the plate load Z to 50
ohms.

That actually would be the lowest loss matching scheme and therefore
deliver the most watts to the antenna.

Q?  We don't need no stinking Q!  Actually the output C of the  tube and
coupling C would force some Q to be present. Maybe just enough?

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 4/7/2010 4:05:00 P.M. Central Daylight Time,