[Amps] CB amp directly coupled via cap to antenna

Fuqua, Bill L wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Thu Apr 8 16:26:39 PDT 2010

The q of a halfwave dipole is about 10. Due to losses in a mobile mounted vertical the Q will be much less due to radiation resistance and ground losses due to the poor coupling to ground. However, the antenna is also resonant to odd harmonics. This makes it an effective radiator on other frequencies which is not desirable.

73
Bill wa4lav